Friday, January 1, 2010

Last Photo for P365 2009


Last Photo for P365 2009 , originally uploaded by sweetpeony.

P365

 What I Learned
o I understand the D60 a lot better
o Using the white balance more effectively
o 3 focus points are not enough
o Slowly getting a grip on exposure compensation
o Composition – it’s better if you get it in the camera, but usually salvageable if not.
o Creative processing can salvage crappy shots - and it’s fun!
o Faster and more effective processing

 Pros
o Understanding the D60
o Nice to have a record of 2009
o Photographed things I wouldn’t normally, some successful, some not
o Speeded up processing
o Discipline of shooting everyday
o Discipline of getting my shots up on the blog and onto Flickr
o The constant learning process
o Meeting fellow photographers IRL and on the Web

 Cons
o I still don’t feel like I’m getting the “art” of photography
o Time needed to shoot, process, blog and annotate
o Seriously cut down on my non-P365 scrapping time

 Plans for 2010
o Shoot every day as much as possible
o Steady progress on my Kent project
o Finish the D60 Magic Lantern dvds
o Find and participate in one or two workshops
o Participate in as many of the CVPS Photowalks and critiques as possible
o Getting shots I’m proud to post in appropriate Flickr groups
o Get closer to the sublime I recognize in the works of others, and every once in a while, in my own

No comments:

Post a Comment