Sunday, May 15, 2011

O'Neil Woods - CVPS Photowalk, May 14

What a soggy day for a photo walk. We met at the barn on Bath Road and walked toward Yellow Creek, then up the hill a bit. Phlox, geranium, and Jack-in-the-Pulpit were blooming. The Jacks make me sad - they remind me of riding with Larry in the woods at Promise Land Farm. Anyway, very humid with sporadic rain. No wind to speak of, but everything was moving from drips coming off the trees. I wanted to shoot Yellow Creek - it was just busting down the ravine - but the water was too muddy from runoff.


Not entirely sure what this plant is, a cherry maybe? The flowers look like the ones on the wild cherries in my backyard in Brimfield.


I love the CVPS photowalks. I learn something everytime (like there's something to shoot even on a rainy day), the people are nice, and the chat over breakfast is always interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment