Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Inn at Brandywine Falls

More shots from Brandywine Falls. The Inn is a pretty old house with a big front porch. Never met the innkeepers, but for sure they're kindred spirits - 6 ft of anti-deer fence surrounds their garden. My fence is a more modest 4 ft, suited to my garden, but I feel their pain. (When we came home tonight, some midnight marauder had nipped off most of the mums. Mums, for heaven's sake - those things are used to make bug repellent. That can't possibly taste good. But I digress)
 

A brilliant maple, blue sky and puffy fall clouds frame the Inn.

 
 I like this horizontal crop.


Whoever invented the circular polarizer, bless your clever heart!

 
Bike path from the Inn to the falls. Some of the trees have been blown bare of leaves, some are brightly colored, some haven't even started.



New bridge over the turnpike. Keeps the hikers and bikers off the road, much safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment