Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love

My Honey at Panera tonight. Not only is he cute, he's tech support, too. Nikon S550. Boosted the contrast and saturation a bit, since I had to use the flash. Couldn't transfer photos from my card to my laptop, so he dumped them to his, moved them to one of his jump drives so I could use them. Since we had 4 jump drives between us, and chose Panera for dinner because they have wifi, I believe we qualify for geekdom.

Tough day at work today, 25 or so people laid off. We still don't know who, or what facilities. I hope the company offered a decent safety net. The first company I worked for had regular layoffs - they'd cycle through the divisions, one a year. Of course, the average tenure there was about 2 years - it wasn't a warm, human place. More like a barracuda tank, actually. This is the 2nd layoff my current employer's been through in the 17 years I've been here. While I hope it's the last, the economy is so bad, we may face this again next quarter.

7 comments:

  1. What a great guy! Awesome shot.

    Hope all works out with your job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot! I really hope the economy gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT'S love! LOL! I hope your job is safe... these are scary times for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot of your love! Hope you stay safe from layoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The economy right now is SO scary! I agree!

    I love what you did to the image....the simple text and photo edits are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot! The economy is so scary. I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol about qualifying for geekdom. I think I'm right there with you. I also wish you the best with your job situation. I feel for everyone who's lost or could lose their job. Especially in times like these.

    ReplyDelete