Sunday, August 14, 2011

Light Painting, Kayaking and Brownies

My Project 365 photos are a little bit more experimental this time around, there are still a lot of straight on flowers, macros and miscellaneous life stuff. The one below is a "light painting" done in my back yard. It was supposed to be lightening bug trails, but they weren't cooperating. Used the remote and set the timer for a couple of seconds. The hardest parts was figuring out where to stand to get the whole heart in the frame. 8/5/2011.


Dahlia on the top deck. The package photo looked a little more pink and soft yellow. I softened the colors a bit, it's a little more lurid violet an yellow in real life. 8/6.


Sunday's kayak adventure. I went with Crooked River Adventures in Kent from Tannery Park to Middlebury Road. Pleasant trip. Easy paddling, much like canoeing except one one person in the kayak. I'm going to get another, longer trip in before the summer's out. 8/7


Making fudge walnut brownies. They were delicious. One of my friends at work lost her beagle after 14 years, so I figured comfort food was in order. Set the timer for the shortest time, and they came out much better, moist and yummy. 8/8


I got the swirl effect by stirring up the brownies real fast the dropping the spoon back in the bowl and using a longish exposure. The batter settling back in the bowl made the motion swirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment