Monday, March 10, 2014

Nothing like Living in the Airport

A huge snowstorm in early February, outline all the branches with white. This tree is just inside Chapin Forest Reservation in Kirtland.
 
 
Flying over the Lake Erie Islands on my way to Salt Lake City. The ice was checked with giant cracks - it almost looked like a road map. Catawba Island is on the left ( and is actually a peninsula). South Bass in the middle and Middle Bass on the right.

 
Stuck in Salt Lake Airport. Akron-Canton was closed due to bad weather that didn't materialize until well after I would have landed. 29 hours without sleep tied my previous record from my detour through Paris on the way to Brussels. Thank you once again, Delta. Beautiful view of the mountains from one of the concourses. And, while I was having dinner, bagpipers in full dress came skirling down the concourse. Never found out why, but happy to hear bag pipe music. Photo processed in Snapseed.

 
Finally on my way home...not soon enough. Did finish Anna Quindlen's Still Life with Breadcrumbs and Maeve Binchy's A Week in Winter, both very good.
 
 
Poor Sootie, not enough lap time, and then tortured by having his picture taken. He was back to sleep in about two minutes. He snores like the Three Stooges - weep weep weepweepweep!
 
 
All photos taken with my trusty iPhone.


No comments:

Post a Comment